How to Set up your Serverless Environment and Get Started in Less than 2 Minutes!
Do you want to get started with stateful Serverless apps but you think it takes way too long to get set up and going? I’m going to show you how Nimbella enables you to quickly and easily get started building and deploying applications to the cloud.
To begin, you’ll need to go to Nimbella’s Serverless Cloud App Development Website and create an account. You can either use your email and create a password. Or you can sign up using your GitHub account. Once you’re done with that, you can log in and get started.
Once you’re logged in, you’ll be directed to a page where you’ll get the Nimbella Command Line Interface (CLI) which you’ll use to deploy your app to the cloud.
If you scroll to the bottom of this page, you’ll see download buttons for 3 Nimbella CLI’s, as shown below: One each for Mac, Linux, and Windows.
When you click one, you’ll get a .exe file that will help you install that Nimbella CLI.
Once you have the .exe running, then:
- Select the components you want to install,
- Select where you want the destination folder to be
- Select the last button to download the CLI.
Once that’s done, you’re all set to start launching applications to the Serverless cloud! You can confirm the Nimbella CLI is installed by checking the version of nim.
In the next blog, we’re going to go over our example projects and show you how simple it is to deploy and experiment with Nimbella’s current examples of Stateful serverless applications including OCR, Stock Trading, and a Chat application.
- Starter Kit and Resources to Build a Serverless Cloud Application
- How to Build Serverless Slack Apps and Commands
- How to Set up your Serverless Environment and Get Started in Less than 2 Minutes!
- How to Quickly Deploy Stateful Serverless Apps with Nimbella?
- What is Serverless Computing? 3 reasons to start now
- How to Build a Serverless Slack App in Minutes.
- How to Manage your Netlify Website from Slack?
- How to Build a Serverless Slack Command in minutes
- How to Build a Stateful Serverless Cloud Web Application?
- How to Create an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Application?
- Development at the Speed of Innovation – Nimbella, the Serverless Cloud
- Software Security Features on Enterprise Serverless Slack Apps Enabled by Nimbella Commander
- Coronathon India’s first demo day has 18 projects to help fight COVID-19
- See the time in different cities on Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Greet your friends in their native language in Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Install Commander on your Mattermost Instance
- How to Fetch your Digital Ocean Billing Info on Slack?
- How to Stay Updated with Coronavirus Statistics on Slack?
- Create BlueJeans meetings on Mattermost using Commander
- How to Fetch your AWS Billing Info on Slack?
- Get your Datadog billing info in Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Serverless Slack Apps and Slash Commands
- How to use Slack Effectively with Nimbella Commander?
- How to Create a multi-user Chatroom Hosted on Serverless Cloud?
- Using Docker actions, running Golang, and other fun things with OpenWhisk
- The duality between serverless functions and APIs
- Serverless HTTP handlers with OpenWhisk
- Serverless functions in your favorite language with OpenWhisk
- Run Swiftly: precompiled Swift actions
- Performance debugging for serverless functions using the Cloud Shell
- Locally debugging OpenWhisk actions
- Composing functions into applications
- A Serverless Composition of Functions
- The Serverless Contract
- The dawn of the Cloud Computer
- Security and Serverless Functions