How to Stay Updated with Coronavirus Statistics on Slack?
“After all it really is all of humanity that is under threat during a pandemic.”
- Margaret Chan
Everyone in our team in India was Googling the statistics of Coronavirus. So I created this command which has made it easy for our teams to be aware of the issue and still be able to focus on the task we needed to complete. We have found it very useful, therefore, I am sharing how you can run our Nimbella Commander corona_stats command in your Slack workspace.
In just 3 simple steps, we will install Commander into Slack, install the corona_stats command, run the command to see the current stats worldwide or in a specific country, allow other users to run the command and see the command logs or execution history.
- Add Nimbella Commander to your Slack page. You can add it by searching “Nimbella” in the apps tab on Slack. You can also add it by going to our official website and clicking the “Add to Slack” button.
- In order to get the stats working for you, you’ll need to install the corona_stats Command Set. Command Sets are a packaging specification for Slack commands, and a convenient way to share commands via GitHub or open source. Command Sets are installed into your Slack teams via the Nimbella Commander by typing the command
/nc csm_install corona_statsin your Slack prompt.
- Finally, run the command
/nc corona_stats [<countryName>]to see current stats in the specified country.
You likely want other teammates in your Slack team to run this command. Nimbella Commander offers a neat feature to allow other users to run specific commands. For example, you can allow access to the corona_stats command to all users using
/nc command_runners corona_stats + anyone
It’s worth also mentioning that you have access to an audit trail to see who’s run your commands. This is useful for administrators and team oversight where appropriate.
/nc command_log corona_stats
Using Nimbella’s access control you can also limit who can view and edit the code that implements a particular command as well. With Audit Logs, you have accountability and historical data readily available at your fingertips. These are powerful features of the Commander that don’t exist in Slack otherwise. For more information about Commander, visit our website. We’d also love to hear from you via our community Slack channel or on GitHub.
If you wish to add Commander to your Slack account, then click this link to get started!
- How to optimize Kubernetes costs with Nimbella
- Step by step guide on how to port from AWS to Nimbella
- How to build and improve your serverless APIs
- Simplifying Kubernetes For Developers
- FaaS Wars Season 2 - Step By Step Instructions
- What is Nimbella and what does it offer?
- Results and Feedback of FaaS Wars - May the FaaS Be with You!
- 28 Serverless Gurus and experts One Must Follow in 2021
- The Faas Wars Alert!
- CI/CD pipeline with GitHub Actions
- How to deploy Node.js functions on Nimbella
- Kick-Start Your Serverless Journey
- AWS re:Invent Serverless Highlights
- Opportunities in the Wake of the AWS Juggernaut
- FaaS Wars: Serverless & Virtual Robot Competition
- #DeveloperIPL Online Hackathon Results & Feedback on Nimbella's Integration for Postman
- How to connect to the 3rd party database such as MySQL at Nimbella (example in Java)
- What can you do with the Nimbella Workbench?
- Deploy your Shopify Storefront to Nimbella
- Not All Serverless Platforms Are Created Equal
- Nimbella + Netlify: Uplevel Your Development Speed
- How we learned to Jamstack, Our Caputron Story.
- Commander for Microsoft Teams - Your Custom Bot that runs on your Command!
- How to Build a Stateful Cloud App on Nimbella vs. AWS
- Starter Kit and Resources to Build a Serverless Cloud Application
- How to Build Serverless Slack Apps and Commands
- How to Set up your Serverless Environment and Get Started in Less than 2 Minutes!
- How to Quickly Deploy Stateful Serverless Apps with Nimbella?
- What is Serverless Computing? 3 reasons to start now
- How to Build a Serverless Slack App in Minutes.
- How to Manage your Netlify Website from Slack?
- How to Build a Serverless Slack Command in minutes
- How to Build a Stateful Serverless Cloud Web Application?
- How to Create an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Application?
- Development at the Speed of Innovation – Nimbella, the Serverless Cloud
- Software Security Features on Enterprise Serverless Slack Apps Enabled by Nimbella Commander
- Coronathon India’s first demo day has 18 projects to help fight COVID-19
- See the time in different cities on Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Greet your friends in their native language in Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Install Commander on your Mattermost Instance
- How to Fetch your Digital Ocean Billing Info on Slack?
- How to Stay Updated with Coronavirus Statistics on Slack?
- Create BlueJeans meetings on Mattermost using Commander
- How to Fetch your AWS Billing Info on Slack?
- Get your Datadog billing info in Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Serverless Slack Apps and Slash Commands
- How to use Slack Effectively with Nimbella Commander?
- How to Create a multi-user Chatroom Hosted on Serverless Cloud?
- Using Docker actions, running Golang, and other fun things with OpenWhisk
- The duality between serverless functions and APIs
- Serverless HTTP handlers with OpenWhisk
- Serverless functions in your favorite language with OpenWhisk
- Run Swiftly: precompiled Swift actions
- Performance debugging for serverless functions using the Cloud Shell
- Locally debugging OpenWhisk actions
- Composing functions into applications
- A Serverless Composition of Functions
- The Serverless Contract
- The dawn of the Cloud Computer
- Security and Serverless Functions