Install Commander on your Mattermost Instance
Nimbella Commander is your one-stop destination to create or run custom slash commands on Mattermost or Slack. It also has a development and runtime framework built in so you can create and build your custom plugins and publish it as a Command Set for everyone to use. Our command building functionality will not only allow your developers to quickly design commands, but to also import our premade Command Sets without having to handle any backend. This will help all of your Mattermost teams to communicate much more effectively.
This blog aims to help you to install Commander on your Mattermost instance. I assume you have already installed and setup Mattermost and you are the admin, so you have the ability to create slash commands.
- First, we need to add Commander as a slash command integration in Mattermost in order to use Commander. We can create a slash integration by clicking on the settings bar on the left side of your screen and then click on Integrations.
- Next, click on Slash Commands
- Click on the Add Slash Command button.
- You would need to add just 1 slash command. Name the slash command
/nc. This slash command will be used to create, configure, and manage your Commander Account and run your custom commands. We add /nc like below. Note that the request URL needs to be https://apigcp.nimbella.io/api/v1/web/nc/portal/gateway\ Once done, click on Save.
- That’s it! After saving, you should see that /nc is set up. Once this is done, click on “Back to Mattermost” to start using Commander.
- Register your workspace with Commander by running
- You can now go install your favorite Command Sets.
- Once you’ve installed a Command Set, that code is yours to edit. You can edit the code by typing
/nc command_code <command_name>
- If there are certain commands you only want certain users to run, then you can type
/nc command_runners <command_name> + @user1 + @user2. Substituting for “user1” and “user2” the Mattermost names of your teammates that should have access to the Commands.
- You even have access to a log that can show you who is running your Command Sets. Type
/nc command_log <command_name>into Mattermost to run this functionality.
- How to optimize Kubernetes costs with Nimbella
- Step by step guide on how to port from AWS to Nimbella
- How to build and improve your serverless APIs
- Simplifying Kubernetes For Developers
- FaaS Wars Season 2 - Step By Step Instructions
- What is Nimbella and what does it offer?
- Results and Feedback of FaaS Wars - May the FaaS Be with You!
- 28 Serverless Gurus and experts One Must Follow in 2021
- The Faas Wars Alert!
- CI/CD pipeline with GitHub Actions
- How to deploy Node.js functions on Nimbella
- Kick-Start Your Serverless Journey
- AWS re:Invent Serverless Highlights
- Opportunities in the Wake of the AWS Juggernaut
- FaaS Wars: Serverless & Virtual Robot Competition
- #DeveloperIPL Online Hackathon Results & Feedback on Nimbella's Integration for Postman
- How to connect to the 3rd party database such as MySQL at Nimbella (example in Java)
- What can you do with the Nimbella Workbench?
- Deploy your Shopify Storefront to Nimbella
- Not All Serverless Platforms Are Created Equal
- Nimbella + Netlify: Uplevel Your Development Speed
- How we learned to Jamstack, Our Caputron Story.
- Commander for Microsoft Teams - Your Custom Bot that runs on your Command!
- How to Build a Stateful Cloud App on Nimbella vs. AWS
- Starter Kit and Resources to Build a Serverless Cloud Application
- How to Build Serverless Slack Apps and Commands
- How to Set up your Serverless Environment and Get Started in Less than 2 Minutes!
- How to Quickly Deploy Stateful Serverless Apps with Nimbella?
- What is Serverless Computing? 3 reasons to start now
- How to Build a Serverless Slack App in Minutes.
- How to Manage your Netlify Website from Slack?
- How to Build a Serverless Slack Command in minutes
- How to Build a Stateful Serverless Cloud Web Application?
- How to Create an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Application?
- Development at the Speed of Innovation – Nimbella, the Serverless Cloud
- Software Security Features on Enterprise Serverless Slack Apps Enabled by Nimbella Commander
- Coronathon India’s first demo day has 18 projects to help fight COVID-19
- See the time in different cities on Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Greet your friends in their native language in Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Install Commander on your Mattermost Instance
- How to Fetch your Digital Ocean Billing Info on Slack?
- How to Stay Updated with Coronavirus Statistics on Slack?
- Create BlueJeans meetings on Mattermost using Commander
- How to Fetch your AWS Billing Info on Slack?
- Get your Datadog billing info in Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Serverless Slack Apps and Slash Commands
- How to use Slack Effectively with Nimbella Commander?
- How to Create a multi-user Chatroom Hosted on Serverless Cloud?
- Using Docker actions, running Golang, and other fun things with OpenWhisk
- The duality between serverless functions and APIs
- Serverless HTTP handlers with OpenWhisk
- Serverless functions in your favorite language with OpenWhisk
- Run Swiftly: precompiled Swift actions
- Performance debugging for serverless functions using the Cloud Shell
- Locally debugging OpenWhisk actions
- Composing functions into applications
- A Serverless Composition of Functions
- The Serverless Contract
- The dawn of the Cloud Computer
- Security and Serverless Functions