Install Commander on your Mattermost Instance
Nimbella Commander is your one-stop destination to create or run custom slash commands on Mattermost or Slack. It also has a development and runtime framework built in so you can create and build your custom plugins and publish it as a Command Set for everyone to use. Our command building functionality will not only allow your developers to quickly design commands, but to also import our premade Command Sets without having to handle any backend. This will help all of your Mattermost teams to communicate much more effectively.
This blog aims to help you to install Commander on your Mattermost instance. I assume you have already installed and setup Mattermost and you are the admin, so you have the ability to create slash commands.
- First, we need to add Commander as a slash command integration in Mattermost in order to use Commander. We can create a slash integration by clicking on the settings bar on the left side of your screen and then click on Integrations.
- Next, click on Slash Commands
- Click on the Add Slash Command button.
You would need to add just 1 slash command. Name the slash command
/nc. This slash command will be used to create, configure, and manage your Commander Account and run your custom commands. We add /nc like below. Note that the request URL needs to be https://apigcp.nimbella.io/api/v1/web/nc/portal/gateway\
Once done, click on Save.
- That’s it! After saving, you should see that /nc is set up. Once this is done, click on “Back to Mattermost” to start using Commander.
- Register your workspace with Commander by running
- You can now go install your favorite Command Sets.
- Once you’ve installed a Command Set, that code is yours to edit. You can edit the code by typing
/nc command_code <command_name>
- If there are certain commands you only want certain users to run, then you can type
/nc command_runners <command_name> + @user1 + @user2. Substituting for “user1” and “user2” the Mattermost names of your teammates that should have access to the Commands.
- You even have access to a log that can show you who is running your Command Sets. Type
/nc command_log <command_name>into Mattermost to run this functionality.
- How to Manage your Netlify Website from Slack?
- How to Build a Serverless Slack Command in minutes
- A Serverless Cloud for Stateful Applications
- A Template for Creating a Serverless OCR App
- Development at the Speed of Innovation – Nimbella, the Serverless Cloud
- Software Security Features on Enterprise Serverless Slack Apps Enabled by Nimbella Commander
- Coronathon India’s first demo day has 18 projects to help fight COVID-19
- See the time in different cities on Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Greet your friends in their native language in Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Install Commander on your Mattermost Instance
- Get your DigitalOcean Billing Info in Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Get live Coronavirus stats in Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Create BlueJeans meetings on Mattermost using Commander
- Get your AWS billing info in Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Get your Datadog billing info in Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Serverless Slack Apps and Slash Commands
- How to use Slack Effectively with Nimbella Commander?
- A Template to Build a Serverless Chat App
- Using Docker actions, running Golang, and other fun things with OpenWhisk
- The duality between serverless functions and APIs
- Serverless HTTP handlers with OpenWhisk
- Serverless functions in your favorite language with OpenWhisk
- Run Swiftly: precompiled Swift actions
- Performance debugging for serverless functions using the Cloud Shell
- Locally debugging OpenWhisk actions
- Composing functions into applications
- A Serverless Composition of Functions
- The Serverless Contract
- The dawn of the Cloud Computer
- Security and Serverless Functions