Nimbella + Netlify: Uplevel Your Development Speed
Today, I’m excited to share more on the Nimbella add-on for Netlify. Our mission is to be the best and easiest Serverless Cloud, enabling developers to only code application logic and leave the rest to the platform to manage. Jamstack is very popular among modern web developers and Netlify makes it extremely simple for them to build their websites. One of our early adopters wanted to use Netlify and our stateful serverless capabilities, so we were able to extend their Netlify experience. We realized that this could be a need of many other developers, therefore we released our integration with Netlify to do just that – allow developers to take their development speed to the next level by providing a powerful programming model for serverless functions and workflows.
More specifically, a Nimbella add-on for Netlify is a Netlify Build Plugin which provides developers the functionality to extend Netlify sites with portable and serverless capabilities. This integration benefits Jamstack developers with a seamless and powerful programming model for serverless functions and APIs with Netlify’s CDN, domain management, and automatic builds. Here’s Netlify’s product manager Jessica Parsons talking more about partner integrations.
Jamstack Developers - This Plugin Is For You
Netlify developers who want to develop in other languages such as Python, PHP, Ruby, Rust and more can now build easily using this plugin. If the developers want to consume more events and not only HTTP requests, this enables them to extend their Netlify experience seamlessly. One of companies that has seen the benefit of using this integration is Caputron – a leading worldwide distributor of professional and research neurostimulation technology. The joint Nimbella/Netlify solution offers them the serverless cloud-based solution that they need to streamline the sale of consumer devices on their cloud application. By deploying the Nimbella add-on, Caputron is able to leverage Nimbella’s serverless technology with the automation and capabilities that Netlify offers.
Here’s what Caputron’s CEO Robin Azzam said –
"Using serverless technology from Nimbella, coupled with automation and several key features offered by Netlify, we quickly built a cloud application that satisfied our needs....we delegate all aspects of infrastructure, operations, deployment, and delivery to the software companies we have come to love: Netlify and Nimbella."
You can read more about Caputron’s story on our blog.
Learn More About Nimbella and Get Started
Simply put, Nimbella was designed specifically to address the challenges developers face in adopting a serverless computing model. Nimbella’s technology is suited for all workloads, both private and public clouds, and complex use-cases that employ artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques.
Given our mission, building an add-on for Netlify just made sense. The best part – setting up is easy. Find out more about the benefits of the integration and get started today.
- By Anshu Agarwal, Nimbella CEO/Founder
- How to connect to the 3rd party database such as MySQL at Nimbella (example in Java)
- What can you do with the Nimbella Workbench?
- Deploy your Shopify Storefront to Nimbella
- Not All Serverless Platforms Are Created Equal
- Nimbella + Netlify: Uplevel Your Development Speed
- How we learned to Jamstack, Our Caputron Story.
- Commander for Microsoft Teams - Your Custom Bot that runs on your Command!
- How to Build a Stateful Cloud App on Nimbella vs. AWS
- Starter Kit and Resources to Build a Serverless Cloud Application
- How to Build Serverless Slack Apps and Commands
- How to Set up your Serverless Environment and Get Started in Less than 2 Minutes!
- How to Quickly Deploy Stateful Serverless Apps with Nimbella?
- What is Serverless Computing? 3 reasons to start now
- How to Build a Serverless Slack App in Minutes.
- How to Manage your Netlify Website from Slack?
- How to Build a Serverless Slack Command in minutes
- How to Build a Stateful Serverless Cloud Web Application?
- How to Create an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Application?
- Development at the Speed of Innovation – Nimbella, the Serverless Cloud
- Software Security Features on Enterprise Serverless Slack Apps Enabled by Nimbella Commander
- Coronathon India’s first demo day has 18 projects to help fight COVID-19
- See the time in different cities on Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Greet your friends in their native language in Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Install Commander on your Mattermost Instance
- How to Fetch your Digital Ocean Billing Info on Slack?
- How to Stay Updated with Coronavirus Statistics on Slack?
- Create BlueJeans meetings on Mattermost using Commander
- How to Fetch your AWS Billing Info on Slack?
- Get your Datadog billing info in Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Serverless Slack Apps and Slash Commands
- How to use Slack Effectively with Nimbella Commander?
- How to Create a multi-user Chatroom Hosted on Serverless Cloud?
- Using Docker actions, running Golang, and other fun things with OpenWhisk
- The duality between serverless functions and APIs
- Serverless HTTP handlers with OpenWhisk
- Serverless functions in your favorite language with OpenWhisk
- Run Swiftly: precompiled Swift actions
- Performance debugging for serverless functions using the Cloud Shell
- Locally debugging OpenWhisk actions
- Composing functions into applications
- A Serverless Composition of Functions
- The Serverless Contract
- The dawn of the Cloud Computer
- Security and Serverless Functions