Results and Feedback of FaaS Wars - May the FaaS Be with You!
After a wildly successful FaaS Wars Season 1 that witnessed some awesome robots and extensive global participation, we could not resist hosting another Season right after. If you missed your chance in the previous competition, buckle up because we have another challenging season lined up ahead.
Prepare yourself for FaaS Wars 2 right away and participate between April 26 - July 26. This time too, you can expect a lot of cool robots, intense battles, and exciting cash prizes.
Now, let’s give you a brief about FaaS Wars Season 1 and how it panned out so you can prepare for Season 2.
Season 1 of FaaS Wars turned out to be truly global. We had participation from countries across the world where maximum participation came from:
- United States of America
- Sri Lanka
The purpose of the competition was to initiate developers to learn Serverless while also having fun. We saw more than 1,800 FaaS Warriors and more than 500 awesome robots fight to win the title of the #ServerlessJedi Episode 1. There were 3 episodes in this season and with each passing season, the battles keep getting more intense.
Developers actively made use of the tutorial videos, written guides, and blog posts that we shared with them throughout the event to improve their chances of winning and quickly learn more about serverless computing.
By the end of the season, we had 2 winners, one of whom won two episodes.
What was FaaSWars?
For those of you who aren’t familiar with FaaS Wars, let us help you with some information.
FaaS Wars was a three-month global robot coding competition organized by Nimbella and members of the Apache OpenWhisk community. It was the first season of this competition and was live from Jan 2021 - March 2021 and had three episodes.
The prize for the competition was a cash prize of up to $1,400, which was divided between the three stages. The winner of the first episode was awarded $200, the second episode winner won $400 and the winner of the third round received $800 in cash prizes.
Partners that helped Nimbella during FaaS Wars
What was FaaS Wars about?
Participants had to code their robots, use functions to guide them on the battlefield, shoot lasers at opponent robots, and defeat them on the battlefield.
When a battle was fought, the winner of one round progressed to battle with the winner of another battle and the same continued until the final battle.
Who were the winners?
The final battle or the season finale was won by Michele Curci from Italy, who was also the winner of our episode 1. Michele was awarded $800 for the season finale and $200 for his victory in episode 1. The name of the robot that Michele used to fight the battles was Cortex2. Michele even supported other players by writing an elaborate blog on how he coded his robot that helped him win.
Our second winner for episode 2 was Tyler Zerr from the United States who fought the battles with his robot named TooncesV4. We admire the spirit and enthusiasm with which Tyler participated in the competition.
If you missed this season, we ask you not to be disheartened as we will soon be launching FaaS Wars Season 2, which will be more challenging and even more fun.
May the FaaS be with you!
Mihika Pal is an independent marketer working currently with Nimbella and a content writer. She began her career as a hotelier and then moved onto marketing. She is extremely passionate about writing and likes to work independently with brands on their marketing campaigns. You can find her profile on Upwork as one of the Top rated talents in her field.
- Nimbella joins DigitalOcean
- No infrastructure, just code. Learn the simplicity of serverless
- How to Migrate from Containers to Nimbella Serverless Architecture
- Kubernetes in simple words: explained by Eric Swildens
- How to optimize Kubernetes costs with Nimbella
- Step by step guide on how to port from AWS to Nimbella
- How to build and improve your serverless APIs
- Simplifying Kubernetes For Developers
- FaaS Wars Season 2 - Step By Step Instructions
- What is Nimbella and what does it offer?
- Results and Feedback of FaaS Wars - May the FaaS Be with You!
- 28 Serverless Gurus and experts One Must Follow in 2021
- The Faas Wars Alert!
- CI/CD pipeline with GitHub Actions
- How to deploy Node.js functions on Nimbella
- Kick-Start Your Serverless Journey
- AWS re:Invent Serverless Highlights
- Opportunities in the Wake of the AWS Juggernaut
- FaaS Wars: Serverless & Virtual Robot Competition
- #DeveloperIPL Online Hackathon Results & Feedback on Nimbella's Integration for Postman
- How to connect to the 3rd party database such as MySQL at Nimbella (example in Java)
- What can you do with the Nimbella Workbench?
- Deploy your Shopify Storefront to Nimbella
- Not All Serverless Platforms Are Created Equal
- Nimbella + Netlify: Uplevel Your Development Speed
- How we learned to Jamstack, Our Caputron story | Nimbella.com®
- Commander for Microsoft Teams - Your Custom Bot that runs on your Command!
- How to Build a Stateful Cloud App on Nimbella vs. AWS
- Starter Kit and Resources to Build a Serverless Cloud Application
- How to Build Serverless Slack Apps and Commands
- How to Set up your Serverless Environment and Get Started in Less than 2 Minutes!
- How to Quickly Deploy Stateful Serverless Apps with Nimbella?
- What is Serverless Computing? 3 reasons to start now
- How to Build a Serverless Slack App in Minutes.
- How to Manage your Netlify Website from Slack?
- How to Build a Serverless Slack Command in minutes
- How to Build a Stateful Serverless Cloud Web Application?
- How to Create an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Application?
- Development at the Speed of Innovation – Nimbella, the Serverless Cloud
- Software Security Features on Enterprise Serverless Slack Apps Enabled by Nimbella Commander
- Coronathon India’s first demo day has 18 projects to help fight COVID-19
- See the time in different cities on Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Greet your friends in their native language in Slack with Nimbella Commander
- How to Fetch your Digital Ocean Billing Info on Slack?
- How to Stay Updated with Coronavirus Statistics on Slack?
- How to Fetch your AWS Billing Info on Slack?
- Get your Datadog billing info in Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Serverless Slack Apps and Slash Commands
- How to use Slack Effectively with Nimbella Commander?
- How to Create a multi-user Chatroom Hosted on Serverless Cloud?
- Using Docker actions, running Golang, and other fun things with OpenWhisk
- The duality between serverless functions and APIs
- Serverless HTTP handlers with OpenWhisk
- Serverless functions in your favorite language with OpenWhisk
- Run Swiftly: precompiled Swift actions
- Performance debugging for serverless functions using the Cloud Shell
- Locally debugging OpenWhisk actions
- Composing functions into applications
- A Serverless Composition of Functions
- The Serverless Contract
- The dawn of the Cloud Computer
- Security and Serverless Functions