What is Nimbella and what does it offer?
What is Nimbella and why it was featured in the Forrester report along with the public cloud providers?
There was Twitter buzz regarding the latest annual Forrester report on the most significant FaaS vendors in 2021 where different cloud influencers were asking - what is Nimbella?
Forrester Wave™: Function-As-A-Service Platforms, Q1 2021 report covers the nine most significant serverless platform providers. Eight out of the nine are the largest public cloud vendors and there is only one startup that made it into the category of the Strong Performers - Nimbella!
So let us answer the most intriguing questions -
Well, let us share more about what is Nimbella, our vision and key features of the Serverless Platform.
What is Nimbella?
Nimbella is a silicon valley startup that makes serverless development frictionless and portable. Nimbella’s serverless platform unifies the programming experience and provides the necessary abstractions to enable the developers to code once and run on cloud-of-their-choice. It is available as a hosted service and as a full-stack solution on any public or private Kubernetes environment.
Now let me share some key features of the Nimbella Serverless Platform:
- We are the only multi-cloud platform → No Vendor lock-in.
- We are based on open standards - Our co-founder and CTO, Rodric Rabbah was the co-creator of Apache OpenWhisk).
- We simplify the developer experience of developing on Kubernetes infrastructure (public or private)
Find more about the Nimbella Serverless Platform: Download The Technichal Whitepaper
Why was Nimbella named the strong performer?
The report provides a 40-criterion evaluation of function-as-a-service (FaaS) platforms and identified the nine most significant ones and scored the vendors’ performance across three categories: current offering, strategy, and market presence.
The Forrester report cites:
“Nimbella fully embraces hybrid cloud with a FaaS-anywhere approach. Like IBM Cloud Functions, Nimbella is based on the open source Apache OpenWhisk project. Nimbella adds a simple, fast developer onboarding process to a runtime that developers can use in a pure FaaS model, as an installable function platform on other public clouds, or even on-premises. Nimbella delivers this FaaS-anywhere approach with robust container support, broad support for programming languages, and configurable settings for maximum function duration. The result: a FaaS solution that well suits long-running stateful functions.“
Nimbella uses a cloud-native software stack that delivers a runtime environment for functions and containerized applications. It is available as a hosted, managed service and as a full stack solution on any public or private Kubernetes environment to fully support an enterprise's multi-cloud strategy.
Nimbella Serverless Platform includes these components:
- Developer Tools - CLI & browser-based tool
- Serverless Compute - functions and containers engine
- Serverless Storage - integrated key-value store and object store
- System Services - Logging, monitoring, tracing and more
- Management Tools - admin CLI and dashboard to manage underlying infrastructure
Find out more about Nimbella, an enterprise-grade Serverless Platform by downloading the whitepaper on “The State of Serverless in the Enterprise” by Rishidot Research - > Download The Business Whitepaper
How to start with Nimbella?
Nimbella is available as Nimbella Enterprise and Nimbella Cloud.
- To sign up for Nimbella Cloud simply use your GitHub login (no credit-card required) here.
- Contact Nimbella at email@example.com to use Nimbella Enterprise which is installable on the cloud-of-your-choice or your private infrastructure.
There is also a no sign-in (anonymous) option where you can create, run and share up to ten serverless functions in multiple languages.
I hope I have answered most of your questions, if not, feel free directly to reach out to me firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FaaS Wars Season 2 - Step By Step Instructions
- What is Nimbella and what does it offer?
- Results and Feedback of FaaS Wars - May the FaaS Be with You!
- 28 Serverless Gurus and experts One Must Follow in 2021
- The Faas Wars Alert!
- CI/CD pipeline with GitHub Actions
- How to deploy Node.js functions on Nimbella
- Kick-Start Your Serverless Journey
- AWS re:Invent Serverless Highlights
- Opportunities in the Wake of the AWS Juggernaut
- FaaS Wars: Serverless & Virtual Robot Competition
- #DeveloperIPL Online Hackathon Results & Feedback on Nimbella's Integration for Postman
- How to connect to the 3rd party database such as MySQL at Nimbella (example in Java)
- What can you do with the Nimbella Workbench?
- Deploy your Shopify Storefront to Nimbella
- Not All Serverless Platforms Are Created Equal
- Nimbella + Netlify: Uplevel Your Development Speed
- How we learned to Jamstack, Our Caputron Story.
- Commander for Microsoft Teams - Your Custom Bot that runs on your Command!
- How to Build a Stateful Cloud App on Nimbella vs. AWS
- Starter Kit and Resources to Build a Serverless Cloud Application
- How to Build Serverless Slack Apps and Commands
- How to Set up your Serverless Environment and Get Started in Less than 2 Minutes!
- How to Quickly Deploy Stateful Serverless Apps with Nimbella?
- What is Serverless Computing? 3 reasons to start now
- How to Build a Serverless Slack App in Minutes.
- How to Manage your Netlify Website from Slack?
- How to Build a Serverless Slack Command in minutes
- How to Build a Stateful Serverless Cloud Web Application?
- How to Create an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Application?
- Development at the Speed of Innovation – Nimbella, the Serverless Cloud
- Software Security Features on Enterprise Serverless Slack Apps Enabled by Nimbella Commander
- Coronathon India’s first demo day has 18 projects to help fight COVID-19
- See the time in different cities on Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Greet your friends in their native language in Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Install Commander on your Mattermost Instance
- How to Fetch your Digital Ocean Billing Info on Slack?
- How to Stay Updated with Coronavirus Statistics on Slack?
- Create BlueJeans meetings on Mattermost using Commander
- How to Fetch your AWS Billing Info on Slack?
- Get your Datadog billing info in Slack with Nimbella Commander
- Serverless Slack Apps and Slash Commands
- How to use Slack Effectively with Nimbella Commander?
- How to Create a multi-user Chatroom Hosted on Serverless Cloud?
- Using Docker actions, running Golang, and other fun things with OpenWhisk
- The duality between serverless functions and APIs
- Serverless HTTP handlers with OpenWhisk
- Serverless functions in your favorite language with OpenWhisk
- Run Swiftly: precompiled Swift actions
- Performance debugging for serverless functions using the Cloud Shell
- Locally debugging OpenWhisk actions
- Composing functions into applications
- A Serverless Composition of Functions
- The Serverless Contract
- The dawn of the Cloud Computer
- Security and Serverless Functions