2020 need not be a drag so here is a challenge for all the developers out there. We are giving away a grand prize of $2020 to the best election-related application created on the Nimbella platform. We made it easy to get started with the Nimbella election starter project and APIs.
- A grand prize of $2020 and Nimbella swag for the best election-related app.
- We are also giving away two $100 gift cards for improvements made to the Nimbella election starter project.
- Register starting on Sep. 25, 2020.
- All submissions must be entered no later than Oct. 25, 2020 (11:59PM PDT).
- The winners will be declared on Oct. 30, 2020.
What makes a qualifying entry for the grand prize?
- Develop and deploy an election-related application to the Nimbella Platform.
- Use one or more of the election APIs we have published.
- Open source your code.
The grand prize is awarded based on a committee decision for creativity, usefulness, and social good. Send us the link to your application hosted on Nimbella, and a link to your code repository, for consideration.
What makes a qualifying entry for a gift card?
Fork the Nimbella election starter project on GitHub and submit a pull request that improves the project. You may submit a patch to close one of the existing issues, or improve the starter application with your own ideas.
We will select a winner from the GitHub contributors whose pull requests are accepted and merged.
How do I participate?
- Complete the registration form.
- Signup for a Nimbella account (it's free).
- Develop your app using the Nimbella election starter project or build an entirely new app on the Nimbella platform.
- Submit your completed app or pull request before Oct. 25th, 11:59pm PDT.
- Nimbella election starter project on GitHub
- A live demo of the election starter project
- Nimbella election APIs
- Reference list of election APIs
- Nimbella YouTube channel for developer tips
- Nimbella Slack support channel
Terms and conditions
- Your submission may not condone hate, racism, or discrimination. The application should be respectful and inclusive of all people, and may not include inappropriate, offensive, or illegal content.
- Grand prize money (check or bank transfer) is inclusive of any transaction fees. Please note that we may be restricted in making payments to certain embargoed countries.
- Winner is responsible for any taxes on the prize awarded.