May 19th, 2020 Update: This webinar is now available online to re-watch! Watch the video below and learn about our contest for a chance to win a 100$ gift card!
4:05 - Video starts / Speaker introduction
6:49 - Introduction to Serverless
27:57 - Building serverless apps in Slack
46:23 - Start your serverless journey using Nimbella’s playground
55:15 - 100$ contest to build a serverless app with Nimbella Commander
How to participate in this competition:
- Download Nimbella Commander to your Slack account.
- Create a Command-Set and add it to your GitHub account.
- Submit the GitHub Repo to this form by May 26th
Join Nimbella's first online meetup focused on serverless computing. In this session, you will learn how and why serverless computing is changing the cloud landscape. You will also learn about the best ways to get started with your serverless development journey. By the end of the session, we are confident you will know how to create serverless applications with ease, confidence and in minutes.
Join the online meetup on May,19 at 9:00 AM PDT / 12 PM EDT / 9:30 PM IST and get all your questions about serverless answers by experienced developers.
Meetup structure in three parts:
- Introduction and overview of key concepts for Serverless and Cloud computing
- Practical guide with step by step tutorial that will show you how to create your first serverless applications
- Q&A about the session, serverless or cloud in general
- How computing evolution toward greater abstraction has increased developer focus on application logic
- How serverless eliminates application developer responsibility for infrastructure
- How to package and share your serverless apps as Command-Sets
- Demonstrate the advantage of using Command-Sets to create your own serverless Slack apps
- Developers should only need to focus on application logic
- Learn to create and run serverless code easily and with confidence, using Slack as an example
- Learn to create and share your serverless applications as Nimbella Command-Sets which can be used as serverless Slack apps
Rodric RabbahCo-founder and the CTO at Nimbella
Rodric Rabbah, a co-founder and the CTO at Nimbella. He’s also one of the creators and the lead technical contributor to Apache OpenWhisk, an advanced and production-ready serverless computing platform. OpenWhisk is open source and offered as a hosted service from IBM and Adobe.
Nikhil Acharya PrakashTechnical Lead at Nimbella
Nikhil has been working on various cloud technologies for 9 years. He has been smitten recently by Serverless and he can’t get enough of it. Some of his other interests include Systems programming, Microservices, and Container technologies.
Jamie DawsonDeveloper Advocate at Nimbella
His passions are in cloud technology, voice applications, web design, and meeting other developers and learning about what drives them